Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Food Bags

Our shopping madness began as soon as we landed in Guatemala last Sunday. Our first stop was Hiper Paiz in Guatemala City.




The madness continued through Thursday morning. This was at the end of our mad dash through the Bodegona in Antigua. I think we had 6 overflowing grocery carts during this trip. All of the supplies were brought back to Casa Bella by a line of tuk-tuks.


Just the beginning of it all.



Checking in with and purchasing some items from my favorite artisan, Teresa. (Pay no attention to my tiredness.)



Bags were lined from end of the house to the other in order to make sure each included all of the items we had. Each bag contained: masa harina, oil, sugar, salt, pasta, black beans, rice, consomme (chicken bouillon), potatoes, mandarin oranges, chocolate, laundry detergent sticks and more.

The line beginning to form...





I adore this woman! We met her in October and I'm not sure what it is about her, but her smile brings the biggest smile to my face. She is one of the women in Pueblo Nuevo that has no hesitation and no fear...she shares openly with us, is quick to welcome us into her home and hugs us as if she has known us her entire life. I can't wait to really get to know her.


















No comments: