Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Voice of Adventure

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?" Psalm 27:1

"Jesus says the options are clear. On one side there is the voice of safety. You can build a fire in the hearth, stay inside and stay warm and dry for what you don't try, right? You can't fall if you don't take a stand, right? You can't lose your balance if you never climb, right? So don't try it. Take the safe route.

Or you can hear the voice of adventure - God's adventure. Instead of building a fire in your hearth, build a fire in your heart. Follow God's impulses. Adopt the child. Move overseas. Teach the class. Change careers. Run for office. Make a difference. Sure it isn't safe, but what is?"

(Max Lucado - Grace for the Moment - morning & evening edition)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy did I need that. Amazing. You have been on my heart girlie.