Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Believe Me Now"

I woke up this morning with the song “Believe Me Now” by Steven Curtis Chapman playing in my mind. For those of you that know me, you know that I adore SCC, among several other contemporary Christian music singers. And you’ll learn soon enough that some of SCC’s music has actually been a huge inspiration for the organization itself. I’m a huge fan of all types of music, so to wake up with a tune already playing in my mind isn’t out of the ordinary, but waking up hearing a song I haven’t heard in months is. I woke up hearing words that I desperately needed to hear today, so when I rolled out of bed I put the All Things New CD in (because I’m SO not up with new technology and still have a CD player instead of an Ipod or whatever the latest thing is) to listen to while I made my coffee. When “Believe Me Now” came on, I sat down with my warm cup of joe and concentrated on the words that I was already so familiar with. Comfort and peace are amazing feelings as they wash over you and refresh your soul. I’ve been struggling for the last month with a few things related to the organization. None of the struggles are so difficult to deal with that I will put a stop to things before they even begin and none are really that bad at all, but they are struggles and even the smallest struggle can often damage a person’s spirit. I’m obviously not one to hide any thing in an effort to try to make things look easy or perfect. This isn’t easy and I’m reminded of that every day. I let go of the struggles that have been weighing on my heart for the last month or so and I will not allow them to creep back in. Life is too short to worry about situations that you cannot control and this song reminded me today that while I am weak, He is strong and He alone is all I need to overcome whatever struggles lie ahead.

This is a video I found on Youtube. Try not to pay close attention to the pictures….they aren’t the point.

No comments: