Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jesus Calling - Leave the Outcomes to Me

I start every day by reading the daily devotion in Jesus Calling (Sarah Young). Today's devotion was exactly what I needed to read and hear.

November 19

"Leave outcomes up to Me. Follow Me wherever I lead, without worrying about how it will all turn out. Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your Guide and Companion. Live in the now, concentrating on staying in step with Me. When our path leads to a cliff, be willing to climb it with My help. When we come to a resting place, take time to be refreshed by My Presence. Enjoy the rhythm of life lived close to me.

You already know the ultimate destination of your journey: your entrance into heaven. So keep your focus on the path just before you, leaving outcomes up to Me."

I'm ready and willing to climb the cliff. Actually, make that a volcano.

1 comment:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

This book never ceases to amaze me ... I read today's JC to a friend over the phone because she was struggling and she began to weep ... I love how God speaks to us through this book ...