Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday is November 6th this year and it is not too early to start planning your event. While at the Summit, I committed to being a Louisiana State Coordinator and International Coordinator for Guatemala for Orphan Sunday.

So what does that mean?

It means that if you're one of those pastors that I know here in Louisiana, you can expect a call from me soon because we need to get as many churches involved in this as possible and the same goes for the pastors I know in Guatemala. I'll be getting in touch with others as well. And I may even be calling on some of my ministry friends in Mississippi to get something going. It also means if you are one of my friends here and have shown any interest whatsoever in orphan care or orphan prevention, I will be calling on you to help by spreading the word and possibly to help organize events at your church.

If you have any questions about Orphan Sunday or want to get involved, please contact me. Events can be as simple as recognizing the day in your church bulletin that day to as large as you want it to be. Whether you are in Louisiana, Guatemala or anywhere else, I would love to help you get started in organizing an event as churches and ministries from around the country and even the world join together that day to plead on behalf of orphans and vulnerable children.

No comments: