Wednesday, January 13, 2010

$21 for Haiti


If you have ever read my blog, chances are you have heard about the Caswell family. The Caswell's have been an inspiration to me for the last five years, since adopting their first child from Guatemala, and continue to inspire us with their love for orphans and heart for those in need around the world. Today I learned that their two oldest children want to help the people of Haiti. These children have the biggest hearts of any children I have ever met, thanks to the example of their parents, so it is not a surprise to me that they would begin thinking of ways to help. After some discussion, it was decided that their family would hold a bake sale in their driveway this Saturday. They will be selling baked goods, coffee, cocoa and maybe some toys. 100% of the proceeds will go to Samaritan's Purse for Haiti Disaster Assistance

Gannon's goal is to raise $21 because, as he says, "That's more money than I ever had in my whole life." I am sending my $21 tomorrow. Will you match me? If you are able to donate $21 or any other amount, please send paypal donations to terry dot bracey at gmail dot com or mail checks or money orders made payable to Rebecca Caswell to: AAB, P.O. Box 14086, Baton Rouge, LA 70898 and I will send them to her all at once.

Again, ALL proceeds will go to Samaritan's Purse. This is NOT to benefit Across All Borders or projects in Guatemala in any way.

Please consider donating. Feel free to post this on Facebook, Twitter and other blogs. Also consider hosting your own bake sale this weekend as a way to support those in Haiti and increase your children's awareness to the needs there.

To read Rebecca's blog post about their bake sale, CLICK HERE.

No comments: