Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stop the World

I have never been the type of person to talk about needing breaks from blogging (I tried to take a break from blogging once during our adoption, but it only lasted a day or so). For the last couple of weeks I’ve been absent from the world of blogging, according to my lovely friends that feel the need to email me whenever I haven’t posted in a while (thanks for checking in with me, by the way).

“Are you OK?” is the question of the week. Yes, I am OK. More than OK. I have stepped back a little the last couple of weeks because sometimes you just have to lay things down and walk away for a bit in order for them to start making sense. And sometimes you have to quiet your own voice in order to hear the Voice of God. When we returned from Guatemala I had a lot of unanswered questions and He was the only one with the answers. I am slowly hearing the answers now and every thing is making a lot more sense than it did a month ago. Until today I did not even realize that I had not posted in nearly three weeks.

Stay with me. I’ll be back to my long winded, wordy, blogging self soon. Until then, I will leave you with the song that I can’t stop singing because it is so true. Sometimes, don’t you just want to stop the noise and escape for a while? And don’t we always want (or in my case, desperately need and long for) a little time with Him?

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing. This truly could not have come at a better time. I find myself longing for that time too!