Saturday, June 20, 2009

Feels Like Home

***Before I say anything else, I have to say that I will not be posting pictures until we get to the states because I left my cord thingy at home. So for the next week you get to hear me ramble on and on about who knows what.***

--

"The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together. The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road. The life maps of God are right, showing the way to joy. The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes. God's reputation is twenty-four carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee. The decisions of God are accurate, down to the nth degree." Psalm 19: 7-9

We made it to Antigua yesterday afternoon and are spending the weekend hanging out with our families as we wait for Monday's arrival. I could write a long post about what it feels like to be back in Guatemala (actually I did and then deleted it), but all I will say is that I do feel like I am home, that I began sobbing the moment Guatemala came into view yesterday as we were landing and I find myself having to fight back tears as I walk down the street. I was reading Psalm 19 today and realized that there is no better way than this to describe what it is like to be back here. His revelation pulled my life together. His signposts were clear and pointed me to this right road. His life maps are right and showing the way to joy. His directions are plain and He is more valuable than any thing in this life. His decisions are accurate. He brought me here the first time and back again now. He planted the love that I have for the people of this country and I am SO READY to begin meeting some of them Monday. So thankful and so blessed....

No comments: