Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Christian Alliance for Orphans

Tomorrow afternoon, Amanda S. and I will leave for Dallas to attend the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit V.

From their website:

Summit V is an opportunity to worship God by learning about how He is caring for orphans around the world through His people... and how YOU can join Him. Detailed breakout sessions and strategic networking opportunities have been designed to equip the lay person, the church pastor & the orphan care worker with tangible steps they can take to love the orphan in their home, in their church, and through trusted organizations.
Please join us in Dallas as we offer ourselves as God's extension of compassion to the fatherless:
Exclaim/Proclaim
YOU can speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. Pv. 31:8
Educate/Advocate
YOU can defend the cause of the fatherless. Deut. 10:18
Encourage
YOU can connect with others to better serve orphans’ needs together. Jn. 17:22-23
Equip

YOU can prepare to join the army of believers who are caring for the least of these. We need each one of you. Mt. 25:40

I am so happy to be able to attend the summit and grateful that Amanda will be attending with me. We believe that this will be a great learning and networking opportunity for us which will greatly benefit the mission of AAB.

Even though I am excited about participating in Summit V, I would rather there not be any orphans in the world which would mean this wouldn't be necessary. I find it kind of hard to be excited about being at such an event knowing that I am there because there is an orphan crisis. But knowing that we (individuals, church leaders and organizations) are there because we are willing to do whatever it takes to do something about this crisis brings me joy and I can't wait to meet some of the people that I've been hearing about and/or communicating in some way with for a while. This is going to be a great couple of days! Amanda and I will arrive in Dallas late tomorrow night (actually...probably after midnight) and will return home Saturday afternoon.

I am praying (and I know she is, as well) for safe travel and that the Lord will use this time to stir our passion for orphans even more than He does every other day of our lives. Amanda and I are similar in many ways...one being this passion...which is why she agreed to be involved with AAB. I am thankful for this opportunity to get to know her better and spend this time with others that share our passion for orphans.

No comments: